Cail M. Daley
Cail is a second-year PhD student in Astronomy at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He graduated high school at Phillips Exeter Academy, and received a BA in Physics & Astronomy from Wesleyan University. As an undergraduate, Cail studied Atacama Large Millimeter Array (ALMA) observations of gas and dust in planetary systems. He worked under Dr. Meredith Hughes at Wesleyan University, and spent a summer working under Dr. Catherine Walsh at Leiden University. Cail currently works with advisor Gil Holder and the South Pole Telescope (SPT) collaboration, studying gravitational lensing of the cosmic microwave background.
- Gravitational Lensing
- Computational Astrophysics, Numerical Analysis
- Astrostatistics, Astroinformatics
- Natural Language Processing
- Wesleyan University, BA Astronomy & Physics (2014-2018)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, PhD Astronomy (2018-Present)