Patrick D. Aleo
Patrick is a first-year graduate student in the Department of Astronomy at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He received a double Bachelor's degree in Physics and Astronomy from the University of Texas at Austin in December 2017. As an undergraduate, Patrick determined chemical abundances of planet host stars XO-2, identified six unique line-blended Fe II lines in partly explaining the over-excitation/chemical abundance discrepancy in K-dwarf and Hyades star spectra, and used machine learning techniques to perform blind, data-based nucleosynthetic archetypal discovery on the Hypatia Catalog, JINAbase, and APOKASC.
- Cinematic, Data-driven Scientific Visualization
- Computational Simulation and Numerical Modeling
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Magnetohydrodynamics of Black Hole Accretion
- The University of Texas at Austin, BS Physics (Aug. 2014 - Dec. 2017)
- The University of Texas at Austin, BS Astronomy (Aug. 2014 - Dec. 2017)