Taylor L Tobin
My thesis focuses on using linear and circular polarization measurements of SiO Masers around late-type, evolved stars to both test theories of maser propagation and determine the structure and magnitude of the magnetic fields around these stars. To obtain sufficient circular polarization measurements for these Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI) observations, I utilize a precision reduction method created by my advisor, Athol Kemball, and a previous graduate student (Kemball & Richter, 2011).
- BS (2013), Astronomy, Indiana University Bloomington
- BS (2013), Physics, Indiana University Bloomington
Distinctions / Awards
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (2015-2018)
- ASTR-503 Observational Astronomy (Primary TA)
- ASTR-210 Intro to Astrophysics (Asst. Grader)