- Astronomical survey and data science
- Origin and cosmic evolution of galaxies and galactic nuclei
- The nature of black holes and gravity
We study astrophysical black holes that live at the hearts of galaxies across the universe. We develop new observational tools and data analysis techniques in the context of large astronomical surveys. Our goal is to understand black holes' origins, growth, how they may have contributed to the evolution of galaxies, and how we can use them as astrophysical probes for fundamental physics.
- Ph.D. in Astrophysical Sciences, Princeton University, 2010
- B.S. in Physics, Tsinghua University, 2004